13 December 2013
The Climate, Community & Biodiversity Alliance is pleased to announce the release of the Third Edition of the Climate, Community & Biodiversity (CCB) Standards and accompanying Rules for the Use of the CCB Standards following a yearlong participatory and inclusive revision process.
The new Third Edition
- showcases smallholder- and community-led projects with equitable benefit sharing
- enables the use of programmatic approaches to allow expansion to new project areas
- clarifies the requirements for stakeholder engagement including free, prior and informed consent
- promotes gender equality and empowerment
- simplifies the requirements for demonstrating net positive climate benefits and facilitates combination with a carbon accounting standard, and
- strengthens the Gold Level requirements for projects that generate exceptional benefits for climate change adaptation, for communities and for biodiversity.
Read more from the Climate, Community and Biodiversity Alliance here.