This promises to be an important year for the forestry sector internationally, and particularly for forestry finance initiatives. The UN has declared 2011 to be the International Year of Forests and the recent UN Climate Change conference in Cancun has given the green light to efforts to award carbon credits to projects in developing countries that Reduce Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation (REDD).
KEY BENEFITS OF ATTENDING:
• 30+ top-level panellists and speakers from industry and government.
• Optimise your business opportunities – gain a deep understanding of the current market situation facing forestry and biomass, including carbon finance, so you have all the information you need to maximise investment opportunities as they arise
• Network with the key players in forestry and biomass – meet and do business with project developers, forestry owners and financiers/investor and other key players in forestry and biomass
• Highly interactive format – put your pressing questions to the panellists and debate the issues that are most important to you and your business
• Early registration discount – to claim 10% discount register by 8 April
• 3-for-2 offer – bring your team – register two delegates and a third attends free
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Energy/power companies, both fossil-fuel based and renewables
companies investing in carbon, renewables, biomass etc
- Financial institutions: private equity, venture capital companies,
banks, brokers, exchanges, pension funds, hedge funds, family offices
- Law firms
- Project developers
- Policy makers: governments, regulatory bodies