June 23 - June 27, 2014
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations Rome Italy
The Committee on Forestry brings together senior policymakers, heads of forest services and representatives of international forest organizations to review the situation of forests and forestry worldwide, identify emerging issues, seek solutions, and advise on appropriate action.
Watch COFO 22 live by webcast each day from FAO headquarters, Rome, Italy, starting from 10:00 CET. Daily summary reports, photos and highlights will also be available online.
Monday, 23 June
Opening: 22nd Session COFO and 4th World Forest Week
- H.R.H. Prince Laurent of Belgium
- H.E. Rosine Amane Baiwong Djibergui, Minister for Agriculture and Environment of Chad, President of COMIFAC
- H.E. Shin Won-Sop, Minister of the Korea Forest Service
- Mr. Thomas Gass, Assistant Secretary-General of the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs
- Mr. Piet Vanthemsche, President, AGRICORD
- Mr. José Graziano da Silva, Director-General of FAO
- Launch of the State of the World’s Forests 2014 report
Enhancing the socioeconomic benefits from forests
- Income, employment and livelihoods from forests
- Innovations to promote the use of wood-based products from sustainably managed forests
- Payment for ecosystem services for forests (PES) and forest financing
- Forests and family farming
For the full week's programme of sessions, reports, photos, highlights and webcasts, go to www.fao.org/forestry/cofo2014.